This is the latest list of special events to celebrate the publication of my new book, Seeking the Sacred. Or please do sign up for continuing updates on twitter http://twitter.com/stephaniedowric#
Twitter is wonderfully concise – and easy to use! I can recommend it.
Where there is a concession price for an event, please feel free to ask for Universal Heart Network concession. I would love to see you as I move around the country to talk about this book and its themes – and always welcome a chance to say hello to UHN members.
For those of you unable to go to these events, books can be ordered from http://stephaniedowrick.seekbooks.com.au/
They should also be widely available in bookshops in Australia and New Zealand.
Please do note the additional events – including one with NSW Premier Kristina Keneally on 18 November.
Hope to see you somewhere!
Kindest greetings to each of you,
Melbourne: Free event & signing
- 10 November 2010, 6.30pm
- Location: Palace Cinema, Balwyn 231 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn
- Hosts: READINGS HAWTHORN
- Bookings essential. Tel: 03 9819 1917
Adelaide: Forum & Q&A & Supper & Signing
- 11 November 2010, 7.30pm
- Hosts: EFFECTIVE LIVING CENTRE
- 26 King William Road, Wayville, SA. Cost: $10/$8
- Stephanie in dialogue with Reverend Sean Gilbert
- Bookings essential. Tel: 08 8271 0329
Perth: Forum & Q&A & Supper & Signing
- 12 November 2010, 7.30pm
- Hosts: FLOREAT UNITING CHURCH 50 Berkeley Crescent, Floreat WA 6014
- Cost $5
- Bookings. Tel: 08 9385 8537
- Bookseller: Collins, Floreat, WA
Sale: South Gippsland, Victoria
- 16 November 2010, 10.30 – 3pm (lunch provided)
- Location: Esso BHP Entertainment Centre 100 Foster Street, Sale, Vic.
- This is NOT a Stephanie Dowrick book event, but Stephanie will be speaking and her books will be on sale and can be signed. This is a FREE Breast Cancer Network Australia Forum for those whose lives have been affected by breast cancer. For details of this and similar nationwide BCNA Forums, please contact Freecall 1800 500 258 or bcna.org.au
Sydney: Aquinas Academy event with NSW Premier Kristina Keneally and Father Michael Whelan. Discussion, Book sales, signing
- 18 November 2010, 5.30 for 6pm
- This will be a major event with a chance to hear in detail the profound social implications of a more personal discovery of the sacred.
- Aquinas Academy, Crypt of St Patrick’s Church, 141 Harrington Street, Sydney. 5.30 for 6pm. Free but please note limited places only. Come early for prompt start.
Byron Bay: In Conversation with Candida Baker, Q & A, Signing
- 19 November 2010, 7pm
- Hosts: BYRON BAY WRITERS’ FESTIVAL
- Location: Byron Community Centre 69 Johnson Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481
- Tickets: Northern Rivers Writers Centre, 02 6685 5115
- Bookseller: Southern Cross Uni Co-op
Auckland, NZ: Talk & Q &A & Signing
- 22 November 2010, 7.30 for 8pm
- Host: WOMEN’S BOOKSHOP, Ponsonby
- Location: Raye Freedman Arts Centre, Epsom Girls Grammar cnr Silber Rd & Gillies Ave (park, Silver Rd)
- This is Stephanie’s sole NZ event.
- Cost: $12 Tickets: http://www.womensbookshop.co.nz
- Tel: 3764399
Maleny: In Conversation with Steven Lang, Q & A, Signing
- 23 November 2010, 6pm
- Host: “Outspoken in Maleny”
- Location: Maleny Community Centre
- Cost: $12
- Tickets: Tel: 5429 6043
- Bookseller: Rosetta Books
Brisbane: Talk, Lunch, Signing
- 24 November 2010
- Hosts: Angus & Robertson
- Location: Grand View Hotel, 49 North Street, Cleveland Point 4163
- Cost: $35, Group discount, $30.
- Bookings: phone 3286 1002 or mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane: Talk, Q & A, Signing
- 25 November 2010, 6.00 for 6.30pm
- Host: BRISBANE BETTER BOOKSHOPS
- Location The Irish Club,
- 175 Elizabeth St, Brisbane
- Bookings: 07 3846 3422
- Bookseller: Avid Reader
Sydney: In Conversation with Claire Scobie, Q&A, signing
- 29 November 2010, 6 for 6.30
- Host: GLEEBOOKS
- Location: 49 Glebe Point Road, Glebe.
Sydney: Berkelouw Books, Mona Vale
- 30 November 2010, 6 for 6.30pm
- Bookings: 9979 2112