Schedule of Events for Choosing Happiness In Australia and New Zealand for October and November 2005
Read more for the full schedule of events held at bookshops and other venues to celebrate the publishing of Choosing Happiness.
Australia : October and November 2005
:: MONDAY 10 OCTOBER – BRISBANE
- Riverbend Books Event
- 193 Oxford St, Bulimba, QLD 4171
- Contact: Adrian Hallewell & Suzy Wilson. Tel: 07-3899 8555
:: TUESDAY 11 OCTOBER — BRISBANE
> 6.30 pm
- Brisbane Better Bookshop Group Event
- The Irish Club, 171 Elizabeth St, Brisbane
- Contact: Fiona Stager (Avid Reader) Tel: 07-3846 3422
:: WEDNESDAY 12 OCTOBER – MELBOURNE
- Readings Bookshops Event
- Royal Women’s Hospital – Yvonne Bowden Auditorium
- 132 Grattan St, Cnr Cardigan St, Carlton
- Contact: Christine Gordon. Tel: 03-9341 7726
:: FRIDAY 14 OCTOBER – HOBART
- Fullers Bookshop Lunch
- Federation Ballroom, Hotel Grand Chancellor
- 1 Davey St, Hobart
- (In conjunction with Women Tasmania and
- Royal Hobart Hospital Research Foundation)
- Contact: Clive Tilsley. Tel: 03-6222 8088
:: MONDAY 17 OCTOBER – MELBOURNE
> 7.30 pm
- Robinson’s Bookshop Event
- Frankston Arts Centre, Davey St, Frankston
- Contact: Terry Perry. Tel: 03-9783 6488
:: TUESDAY 18 OCTOBER – ADELAIDE
> 6.00 pm
- Adelaide PM Club Event
- Imprints Bookshop 107 Hindley St, Adelaide
- Contact: Gayle Miller. Tel: 08-8231 4454
:: THURSDAY 20 OCTOBER – PERTH
> 7.15 am
- Breakfast Event with Bookcaffe and UWA Extension
- The University Club UWA, Hackett Drive, Crawley
- Bookings: 08-6488 2433
> 7.30 pm
- Creative Living Centre Event
- Uniting Church, 50 Berkeley Crescent, Floreat
- Bookings: 08-9387 6371
:: WEDNESDAY 2 NOVEMBER – SYDNEY
> 1.00 pm
- Constant Reader Event
- Stanton Library
- Miller St North Sydney
- Contact: Peter Kirby. Tel: 02-9438 1763
- Council Car park directly behind Library Ridge St North Sydney
:: TUESDAY 8 NOVEMBER – SYDNEY
> 7.00 pm
- Gleebooks Event – NOT at Gleebooks
- “A celebration of Happiness” with the Honeybees Gospel Choir
- The Everest Theatre, Seymour Centre
- Cnr Cleveland St & City Rd Chippendale
- Parking available behind the theatre.
- Concession price for all members of the Universal Heart Network www.stephaniedowrick.com
- Contact: 02-9351 7940
:: WEDNESDAY 16 NOVEMBER – SYDNEY
> 7.00 pm.
- Pages and Pages Event
- Mosman Library
- 605 Military Rd, Mosman 2088
- Contact: Phil Page. Tel: 02-9969 9736
NewZealand : October 2005
:: 25 October 2005 – Auckland
- Afternoon event with Whitcoulls and the North Shore Libraries
- Takapuna Library, The Strand, Takapuna.
- For ticket enquiries, please contact Helen Woodhouse (09) 486 8469 email@example.com
- An evening with Stephanie Dowrick in conjunction with The Women’s Bookshop
- Pioneer Women’s Ellen Melville Hall, Freyberg Square, High St, Auckland City
- Tickets $10 from The Women’s Bookshop, 105 Ponsonby Rd, ph 3764399.
- Credit card bookings accepted by phone or email.
- The Women’s Bookshop, ph: 09 376 4399, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
:: 26 October 2005 – Wellington
- Afternoon event with Unity Books and the NZ Book Council.
- For ticket enquiries, please contact the NZ Book Council: 0800 258 255, or visit www.bookcouncil.org.nz
:: 27 October 2005 – Christchurch
- Evening event with Plains FM (Women on Air) and University Bookshop.
- ChCh Girls’ High School Auditorium, 10 Matai Street, Christchurch.
- Tickets are $12 and available from Ruth 03 384 4721, email@example.com or Morrin 03 329-9789.
:: 28 October 2005 – Dunedin
- Hutton Theatre, Otago Museum (opposite bookshop on Great King Street).
- For ticket enquiries, please contact: Bronwyn Wylie-Gibb, University Bookshop, ph: 03 477 6976, email: firstname.lastname@example.org